Rules and restrictions regarding all residents
1. Residents may not leave the facility without the permission of staff. Failure to return to the house on time will result in action by MDH and/or CSC.
2. Residents are not to have a vehicle while residing at MDH.
3. Televisions are not permitted in residents' rooms and radios are permitted only until 22:30.
4. Residents are responsible for preparing their own meals and washing their own dishes on weekends.
5. Weekend passes are granted according to Community Resident Facility and CSC policies.
6. Alcohol, illicit drugs, firearms, weapons, drug/alcohol paraphernalia, or illegal material will not be permitted on MDH property. Police will be notified if such material is found.
7. Fighting or the use of violence is not tolerated on MDH property and will result in an immediate return to custody.
8. MDH is not responsible for the loss, theft or damage of personal property. Residents are responsible for appointing someone to pick up their personal effects in the event that they leave unexpectedly.
9. Costs incurred due to damage of MDH property will be shared by all residents unless those responsible can be identified.
10. All residents must obtain an Ontario health card. All medication is secured and dispensed by staff as prescribed.
11. Blankets, pillows, towels, and sheets are provided by MDH and must be cleaned prior to departure. Laundry facilities are provided for residents.
12. Room searches are conducted on a random basis.
13. Residents must complete daily house chores assigned by staff and individual bedrooms must be cleaned daily.
14. Leave privileges may be denied if insufficient information has been provided, or if the intended destination is deemed inappropriate.
15. Inappropriate language, clothing, behaviour, poor personal hygiene, or nudity are not tolerated.
16. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
17. Hats, bandanas, and sunglasses are not to be worn in the house.
18. Nothing is to be posted on bedroom walls.
19. Residents are encouraged to participate in relevant outside support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous and/or Narcotics Anonymous and/or Gamblers Anonymous.
20. Residents are obligated to participate in all activites and training at MDH;
21. Urinalysis is conducted randomly.
22. Residents must not enter any establishment where the primary source of income is derived from the sale of alcohol.
23. Residents are to abstain from consuming any form of alcohol or drugs with the exception of prescribed medications.
24. Residents must respect the rules, regulations, and release conditions of MDH, CSC, and the PBC. Failure to do so will result in loss of privileges or a possible return to custody.